In a historic first for the World Economic Forum, this year natural and social science takes a centre-stage. This as Johan Rockström, GCF board member, and Joyeeta Gupta, both Earth Commission’s Co-chairs, during Wednesday 19 February presented a preview of an Earth Commission report due out in early 2023.
The report outlines newly quantified ‘Earth System Boundaries’ designed to safeguard a stable and resilient planet and underpin the setting of science-based targets for businesses, cities and governments. Crucially, these new boundaries account for Earth system impacts and human wellbeing and justice.
Other participants in this high-level seminar include:
- Marc Benioff, Chair and Co-Chief Executive Officer, Salesforce
- Al Gore, Vice-President of the United States (1993-2001); Chairman and Co-Founder, Generation Investment Management LLP
- Roshni Nadar Malhotra, Chairperson, HCL Technologies Ltd
- Fawn Sharp, President, National Congress of American Indians
- Gustavo Francisco Petro Urrego, President of Colombia, Colombia Government
The World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2023 take place in Davos, Switzerland from 16 – 20 January.
More information and links
Recorded talk at WEF event site
To Earth Commission's page on the seminar