Power to the Youth: participation in the UN
In conjunction with the prize ceremony of the 2020 Youth Peace Prize awarded by United Nations Association of Germany (DGVN), an expert panel discussion will be held.
The focus of the panel Is if any real youth participation is possible in international institutions and conversations, or is it more tokenism than real participation?
Anja Olin- Pape, expert on Youth Policy at the Global Challenges Foundation will give a presentation of her proposal of instituting a Youth advisory body in the UN, with a fishbowl discussion following.
The event's website is available on this link. A German/English translation will be provided for the entire event.
Registration is possible via online form.
December 3, 14:00 Welcome and introductions
December 3, 14:10 How can participative structures be made more accessible for young peple in the UN?
- Anja Olin Pape, youth policy expert at the Global Challenges Foundation. President of the Advisory Council on Youth, Council of Europe 2018-2019
- Heidrun Fritze, former youth delegate and Technical Analyst at the United Nations Population Fund in Thailand
- Marius Schlageter, Vice President of the Deutschen Bundesjugendrings
December 3, 14:50 Fishbowl discussion
Discussion between the experts and the participants
December 3, 15:30 Award Ceremony of the 2020 Youth Peace Prize
Introduction speeches by:
- Susanne Baumann, Federal Foreign Office
- Miriam Mona Müller, board member DGVN, member of the Youth Peace Prize jury , and Strategic Policy and Research Advisor at the Centre for Feminist Foreign Policy
Project presentations of the winners of the Youth Peace Prize 2020
December 3, 16:00 End of conference